Pages

Saturday, October 06, 2007

From that to this

13+ bobbins of wine colored merino top singles 2000 Yds of handspun merino From 13 plus bobbins of singles to approximately 2000 yards of 2-ply. I started spinning this on August 5 and finished plying at about 11:40 p.m. last night. Two months to spin and ply the two pounds of top I started with. Before wet finishing, it comes in at 12 wpi, putting it in DK weight range, which was what I was aiming for. I'm going to finish it using Judith MacKenzie McCuin's method for finishing woolen spun yarns. In fact, I just bought a cute mini sink plunger just for this job. Of course, my daughter thinks I'm nuts to believe that a plunger is going to help me in finishing the yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It looks beautiful, and what fun you'll have knitting that up. Definitely a sweater of some sort, no?