Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Socks and more socks

I've no excuses for not posting since May. The beginning of summer has flown by because I've been occupied with a few things: new sock designs, sock knitting, working my regular job, working at A Verb For Keeping Warm, getting to know Kristine's friend, Babu better, seeking test and sample knitters, and having a pattern tech edited.

Oh yeah, and getting ready for that little thing known as Sock Summit '09. I will be attending two classes, both on sock design. I will be working the Verb booth as well. Right now, I am working with Adrienne on putting a professional polish on my patterns and getting them printed for SS09. I'm really nervous and excited at the same time.

Basic shaped arch sock I will giving away copies of the Basic Shaped Arch Sock pattern to the first 50 people who buy a skein of AVFKW sock yarn.

MKR 2009 Sock MKR 2009 Sock The Men's Knitting Retreat 2009 sock pattern will also be available for purchase as a show special. It will then disappear for a short while and become available for purchase (through Ravelry as a download or in hard copy from AVFKW) September 1, which coincides with the Men's Fall Knitting Retreat.

Here is preview of patterns in the works:

Caitlin's lace anklet detail This is called Caitlin's Lace Anklet. I knit this up using some sock yarn I dyed last year after taking a dyeing workshop with Scout.

Kristine-detail Meet Kristine; knit out of a wonderful 70% merino 30% silk blend in a color called Patina. This is one of newest AVFKW yarns and it is yummy.

2 comments:

karrie said...

!

karrie said...

I mean to say ... They are all gorgeous!