Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Saturday Ride

I rode a loop starting and ending in Fairfax, which took me thorough Nicaso, Pt. Reyes Station, Olema and Lagunitas yesterday. It was cloudy and showers were in the forecast. 

  
I love this bridge on the Petaluma-Pt Reyes Rd. It means I'm only three miles from a morning bun from the Bovine Bakery. And those morning buns are just about perfect, crispy on the outside and not too gooey caramel-ly goodness on the inside and bottom.  After devouring a morning bun and sitting in the sun for a bit, I headed to Bear Valley Rd. followed by Olema Hill.  After Olema, a pleasant ride through the redwoods on Sir Francis Drake and dappled sunshine.

I stopped for a few minutes to wonder about this sign that is painted on the side of the Lagunitas Market.


I love finding old signs painted on brick. I'm surprised that they haven't been painted over since they usually advertised a product or company that ceased to exist a long time ago.  In the case of Lucas Valley, I wonder what happened to the dairy.  

From Lagunitas, it's almost a straight run back to Fairfax with a few rollers thrown in.  A perfect day on the bike.

No comments: