Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

More catching up

I've been knitting but have nothing to show for it. I used scrapes of Cascade 220 to knit a buttonhole-type bag for felting. It looks like a blob of black, purple, and red right now. I have to felt it. I'm in no hurry to do so because I think this will become a Christmas gift. I'm working up a pair of Broadripple socks in some Fixation that I've had in my stash for a few years. This should be a really fast knit--socks on US 3's. It is going slowly though. I don't know if it is because it is summer, and we are actually having summer weather in the Bay Area. Or, if I've just lost my interest in knitting this particular pair of socks.

I haven't lost interest in spinning or dyeing though.

The single is spun from a batt by Three Bags Full in Dragon's Fire I bought from Carolina Homespun last summer. I'm almost finished spinning the second bobbin. It is American Romeldale, tencel, and silk noil. I let this marinate in the fiber stash for a year because I changed my mind about liking it once I got it home. Now that I've spun most of it up, I really like it. It is a lovely color and I like the texture that the silk noils add. Once this is plyed, I'll figure out what to make with it.

I dyed this a few weeks ago. It's 4 oz. of merino/tencel. I was inspired by the Tidepool roving in the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook. This is destined for sock yarn. I plan on spinning this next.

No comments: